Garage Sale and Yard Sale Tips|
- Post your sale on www.YardHopper.com.
- Check the Weather before cementing your sale plans. Any rain in the forecast?
- Post garage sale signs at strategic locations in your neighborhood.
- Always make sure your signs are bright colored and show arrows on where to go. Sometimes you cannot even see signs written in black on white board until you have passed it, and people most likely will not turn around. BRIGHT signs will get you noticed! -Submitted by Julie
- If it is hot have soda for sale, in the morning have coffee and donuts. -Submitted by Julie
- Consider holding a garage sale jointly with one or a few neighbors. If you hold a garage sale with neighbors, you can share the cost of a newspaper ad, and the work of preparing for and staffing the sale.
- Place all items at hand-reachable levels, at table height, not on the ground.
- Display all similar items together. For example, place all kitchenware together.
- Clearly mark all items with a price sticker. If you wish, you can post a sign stating that prices are negotiable, but marking prices gives potential buyers a starting point.
- Consider providing a box marked "FREE" for items you'd like to give away. It's an easy way to lighten up your garage sale atmosphere and often enhance sales.
- Remember to be a considerate neighbor and remove all sale signs when the sale is over.
- While you are Here...- See what is going on in cities near you.
Have some Garage Sale or Yard Sale Tips you'd like to share? We'd love to hear them. If we add your tip to our Tips page, you'll win... the honor of having your tip on our tips page.
Send your Garage Sale Tips Here